Compounded Medication Disclaimer
A compounded medication is specially compounded in a pharmacy to fill the prescription your doctor wrote especially for you and your special needs.
If you have not done so, please discuss this medicine with the healthcare provider who prescribed this to you to ensure that you understand:
- Why you have been prescribed a compounded medicine
- How to properly take this medicine
- Possible interactions with other medicines
Compounding is a pharmacy practice that allows doctors to treat their patients’ individual needs without being restricted to off-the-shelf medicines or devices. This medicine was prepared in a compounding pharmacy to meet the specifications ordered by your doctor.
Call your doctor if you:
- Experience any negative side effects
- Take additional medicines that may interact with the compound
- Have medical conditions or allergies that should be noted
Call our pharmacist if:
- Information on the label is not clear to you
- You have concerns regarding precautions, ingredients or storage
Please call our pharmacist for help with any further questions or concerns.