The Ticker is a device used to apply creams and ointments to the skin. Benefits include:
- Accurate and precise dosing. One click provides 0.05 ml of medication.
- It can be used to apply medication directly to the skin.
- The clicking mechanism lets you hear, see and feel a click with each turn. This mechanism lets you know that the correct dose has been dispensed every time.
- You can see when it’s time to refill, as the medication reaches the refill line labeled on the device.
Before using this medication be sure to carefully review the instructions listed on your medication bottle. If you have any questions about the instructions, or if they look different from last month and you did not discuss a change with your provider, please contact us.
A note on priming the device:
Occasionally the medication can shift during shipping, requiring you to re-prime the device. If medication doesn’t come out of the Ticker on the first click, prime the device by slowly rotating the dial clockwise until a small amount comes out. Wipe it off with a tissue and throw it away. You are now ready to use your Ticker!
- Remove the cap by placing your thumb under the tab and push upward. Do not throw the cap away.
- Rotate the dial located at the bottom of the Ticker clockwise, counting out the number of clicks instructed on the prescription label.
- Before applying the medication, wait 5-10 seconds to make sure that the full dose of medication has been released.
- Rub the Ticker directly on the area of skin instructed by your provider. Be sure to rub it in very well.
- Replace the cap by pushing on it until you hear or feel it click.
- Check to see if the top part of the plunger has reached the word refill as shown in the picture below. If it has, contact us to request a refill.
If you have trouble hearing or feeling the click as you turn the device, this may not be the best way for us to dispense your medication.
Please contact us if you have any issues using the Ticker device.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water before and after each use. Do not touch your eyes, mouth, or nose after applying without washing your hands.
- To reduce the risk of accidental exposure to others, use the Ticker to directly apply your medication to the skin.
- Using gloves to apply this medication can reduce the risk of accidental exposure to others. After applying the medication, remove the glove by turning it inside out without touching any medication with your bare skin, and discard it in the trash.
- Some topical medications may soil your clothing. To avoid this, wait until the medication is dry to put on your clothing.
- Rub the medication in well and avoid showering or exercise within 4 hours of applying.
- Store your medication in a cool, dry area, away from sunlight unless otherwise instructed. If you have pets or small children, store your medication and waste from this medication (such as gloves and empty devices) in a secure location that is out of their reach.
|1 click = 0.05ml||2 clicks = 0.10ml||3 clicks = 0.15ml||4 clicks = 0.20ml||5 clicks = 0.25ml|
|6 clicks = 0.30ml|| 7 clicks = 0.35ml|| 8 clicks = 0.40ml||9 clicks = 0.45ml||10 clicks = 0.50ml|
|11 clicks = 0.55ml||12 clicks = 0.60ml||13 clicks = 0.65ml||14 clicks = 0.70ml||15 clicks = 0.75ml|
|16 clicks = 0.80ml||17 clicks = 0.85ml||18 clicks = 0.90ml||19 clicks = 0.95ml||20 clicks = 1.0ml|