Mini-Tickers for Cats
The Mini-Ticker is a device that you can use to accurately and easily apply creams and ointments to your pet.
- The Mini-Ticker can be used to apply medication directly to the skin, reducing mess and the risk of accidental exposure to others.
- It allows for accurate and precise dosing, with one click providing 0.05 ml of medication. This offers your provider a variety of options to customize the dose to meet individual needs.
- The unique mechanism provides a click that you can hear, see, and feel with each turn. It’s easier for travel too!
- A refill line on the device reminds you to call us when your pet’s refill is due.
Before using this medication be sure to carefully review the instructions listed on the medication bottle. If you have any questions about the instructions, or if they look different from last month and you did not discuss a change with your provider, please contact us.
A note on priming the device:
Occasionally the medication can shift during shipping, requiring you to re-prime the device. If medication doesn’t come out of the Ticker on the first click, prime the device by slowly rotating the dial clockwise until a small amount comes out. Wipe it off with a tissue and throw it away. You are now ready to use your Ticker!
- Remove the cap by placing your thumb under the tab and push upward. Do not throw the cap away.
- Rotate the dial located at the bottom of the Ticker clockwise, counting out the number of clicks instructed on the prescription label.
- Before applying the medication, wait 5-10 seconds to make sure that the full dose of medication has been released
- Rub the Ticker directly on the area of skin instructed by your provider. Be sure to rub it in very well.
- Replace the cap by pushing on it until you hear or feel it click.
- Check to see if the top part of the plunger has reached the word refill as shown in the picture below. If it has, contact us to request a refill.
If you have trouble hearing or feeling the click as you turn the device, this may not be the best way for us to dispense your medication.
Please contact us if you have any issues using the Ticker device.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water before and after each use. Do not touch your eyes, mouth, or nose after applying without washing your hands.
- To reduce the risk of accidental exposure to others, use the Ticker to directly apply your medication to the skin.
- Applying with a glove can reduce the risk of accidental exposure to yourself or others. After applying the medication, remove the glove by turning it inside out, without touching your bare skin, and discard it in the trash.
- Keep your medication in a cool, dry area and away from sunlight – unless otherwise instructed. Store your medication and waste (such as gloves and empty devices) in a secure location that is out of reach from pets or small children.
- For more information and videos on how to use the Mini-Ticker, please speak with one of our pharmacists.